Friday, December 26, 2014

The Frosty Vox Box From Influenster

Influenster is a great program where you can sample products from several brands for free in return for your honest feedback.  I receive an awesome box full of goodies every so often to test and play with and recently I was chosen as a recipient of the Frosty Vox box.  I've had a chance to try several of the products and always enjoy trying new things.


 The Frosty Vox Box was really exciting.  I will use every product included in this box.  There are a few items I already really enjoy like the the Candy Cane Lane tea from Celestial Seasonings and the McCormick spice which is a go to brand for me.


 The Fruit Vines strawberry bites were a surprise hit for me.  I don't enjoy Red Vines at all and I didn't think I would like these since the parent company is Red Vines but they are really good.  They have a nice texture similar to Australian style licorice and they were sweet and had a ton of strawberry flavor.  I'd love to try other flavors of these treats.

 I already love Candy Cane Lane teas.  It is my second favorite Celestial Seasonings tea flavor after Sleepytime.  I was happy they included a $.55 off coupon for my next box.

  The McCormick Gourmet spice was also a good box addition.  I don't often use thyme, but I like the new look of the packaging and I am happy to check out McCormick's new line.


 The EcoTools hairbrush was really nice and I liked the bristles but it made my hair very staticy.  The brush itself has vents that you can use while drying your hair.  I am going to try it again while blow drying to see if it adds shine.

  I haven't tried the Boots serum yet, but I have a few of their products from Target and I like the brand.  I have already received a packet in the Target Beauty Box so I will have enough for a few uses.  They also included a coupon to use towards the purchase of a full size.

I am always looking for oil free eye makeup remover and I've tried several brands.  This one by Rimmel is gentle and removed their waterproof eyeliner easily.  It had no fragrance and didn't leave behind an oily residue like other brands have.  I love that the bottle is so generously sized and affordable.


I must admit to having dozens of black eyeliners.  This Scandaleyes liner by Rimmel is a very inky black, applies smoothly and is great for control.  I like how it glides on and is smudge free once it has set.  I generally prefer liquid liners but the Rimmel liner reminds me of the Tarte smoldereyes liners which are my favorite brand.  I will definitely repurchase this if it is offered in a range of colors.

The New York Color lipstick in Sugarplum was a nice neutral pink, almost a nude shade.  I wasn't crazy about the scent of it and it was broken at the bottom of the bullet and I had to smash it back down into the package.  It was still useable, but had suffered from being tossed around in shipping.  I like the shade and it felt fine on the lips, but the scent lingered after it was applied and I removed it because it was unpleasant to me.  I have owned NYC makeup in the past including lip glosses that I adored, but this particular product wasn't a win for me.

This is the best Vox Box I've ever received in terms of products I enjoyed.  I'm happy to see makeup in the box and even happier that all the food items turned out to be things I like.  The eyeliner is my favorite discovery because the formula is very close to the Tarte products which I love.  Thank you Influenster for choosing me to be a part of the Frosty Vox box fun!

If you'd like to join me as an Influenster, click the Influenster button to the right and get ready to chat about all of your favorite brands.  It is so exciting to receive a whole box of awesome new finds and to interact with the brands directly.  Finding my Vox Box on the porch just before Christmas was an extra special gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment