Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ipsy December 2014 Glam Bag


This month's Ipsy bag didn't seem too exciting at first, but I actually really like the products I received.  The bag is cute and is my favorite shape of all the bags they send out.  My favorite Ipsy bag ever was also a December bag that was a silvery grey satin that was shaped like this one.  This one will likely end up in my purse before long.

There were 5 products, two of which are full sized.  They included:

Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid
Nyx Butter Lip Balm in Marshmallow
tarte Lights, Camera Lashes Mascara
BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) 3% AHA cleanser
Sexy Hair 450 Blow out heat protector spray

The Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid was a huge hit for me.  I love the rosy gold shade and I think I am going to wear it to my husband's Christmas party on Thursday.  I wore it along with Sin, Sidecar and Polyester Bride from the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV palette today for work.  The Cailyn shadow blends really well and is subtly shimmery.  I love the applicator and the presentation of the loose shadow in a clean, convenient package.  I also wore the Nyx Butter Lip balm and would love to get this in a different shade.  It feels great on, and has a berry flavor.  It is really moisturizing and adds a light wash of a peachy nude color.  I think the shade I received washes me out a bit, and would've preferred a berry tone but I still like it.  I'm wearing both in the picture below.


 I should've tried the tarte mascara too, but I was using the L'Oreal Butterfly mascara from a past Target Beauty Box after talking about it in a post a few days back.  I always seem to like mascara after it has been open for a week or so.  I think when the formula is too wet I have problems making it look natural.  My friend Alison said the tarte mascara is her favorite and she found it by asking for a "totally unnatural" formula in Sephora.  I haven't liked tarte mascara in the past because the type in the gold packaging is very flaky, but I will be giving this a shot this week.

The BWC cleanser reminds me very much of a cleanser by the Freeman brand called  Eclos.  I love that face wash and use it often with my Clairisonic, so I will use this as well.  I'm not sure where you can buy this brand but I haven't been able to find the Eclos on the shelves recently, so hopefully this can replace it if it has been discontinued.  The only thing that was a miss for me in this bag is the hair product.  I very rarely use heat to style my hair, and this spray smells really coconutty which I don't think I would enjoy the scent of if it lingered.  I'm sure I will try it when I use my flat iron and hope it will add shine without having the fragrance sticking around to haunt me.

I definitely got my $10 value this month and I would love to get some more Nyx and Cailyn products eventually if there are good offers on the Ipsy site.

I am writing this late tonight because I was making breast cancer awareness ribbons for the guys in Andy's workplace.  Two of the women who work in their office are having masectomies in the next few weeks.  The guys wanted to show them support at the company Christmas party and so Andy bought pink satin ribbon to make into these lapel pins for them.  As I was sealing the edges and folding them they started falling into a heart shape and I thought it was very pretty.  I hope the girls recover quickly and return to work in the new year cancer free and pain free.   Much love to you folks.  Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment