Sunday, December 21, 2014

Eggnog Bundt Cake

There was an easy bundt cake recipe featured in the Relish magazine that comes in the Sunday newspaper.  They often feature delicious looking treats and I clip the interesting ones and add them to my ever growing recipe box.  The recipe can be found here at Relish.com.



I didn't have a spice cake mix or vanilla yogurt on hand, and I forgot to check the recipe before I headed to the store today, so I substituted sour cream and a teaspoon of vanilla extract for the yogurt and used a butter pecan cake mix and added a teaspoon of cinnamon for the spice.  I also used some spiced candied pecan pieces to add a bit of sweetness and chose Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice eggnog because it is insanely good on its own.  Because of the changes I added a few minutes to the baking time.  50 minutes was just enough to have the cake be golden and done in the center.



They suggested you could cover it in a light dusting of powdered sugar, but I thought it could use a glaze to add sweetness.  The glaze is simply 3/4 cup of powdered sugar and a couple of tablespoons of Fireball whiskey.  I think it came out pretty swell!

I always feel like Betty Crocker when I whip up a Bundt cake, and I fully admit to humming "Somewhere That's Green" while I made this.  Truly, I like to imagine that I'm Ellen Green from the Little Shop of Horrors as often as possible so this isn't odd behavior.  She's flawless.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Mine went way too fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment