Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Quiet Christmas Eve

I hope you are all having a lovely Christmas eve.  Andy surprised me by taking me to see Mockingjay and I really enjoyed it.  I love Jennifer Lawrence and think she is the perfect choice for Katniss.  The Hunger Games trilogy was my favorite book series since Harry Potter, so I was hoping the movies would do them justice and I haven't been disappointed.

  The theatre was decorated with so many trees and lights - I love Christmas decorations and I really love the Leitersburg theatre here in Hagerstown.  We're fortunate to have such a great theatre close to us.





I am also excited that there are so many movies coming up that look good.  I can't wait to see Into the Woods.  I've been waiting for two years to see the movie.  It is one of my top three favorite Broadway shows ever, and I've owned the stage production on VHS and later DVD for years.  The music sounds really promising, and I am trying to manage my expectations.  It does have Johnny Depp who I'm assuming will kind of suck as the wolf, but that remains to be seen.  I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend.

There are some fabulous looking films coming out next year.  All kinds of sequels (like the one to Divergent which I just saw last night and loved.  I want to read the books now of course!) and also some brand new offerings like The Age of Adaline.  It's going to be an amazing at the movies.



I'm headed to bed I think.  I've been watching for Santa all night with the Santa tracker on the Norad website and I do believe he's almost here.  I hope you and yours are safe in your travels, happy in your day and joyous in your heart.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment