Friday, December 12, 2014

Target Beauty Box For Her - Winter 2014

I am really loving the new Target Beauty promotions.  In the past Target gave away free bags of beauty samples in the Target sample spot portion of Target.com.  They often had deluxe size samples of drugstore brands and came loaded with coupons, foil packets and travel size beauty goodies all for free.  They were packed in small cosmetic bags similar to the Ipsy service.  The bags were coveted and hard to come by and I was lucky to score them on three different occasions.

When Target changed their platform and began charging for the boxes I wasn't sure I was excited about it.  I intentionally passed on one that had a Venus razor in it because I had just received one of the same razors in the mail for free from Proctor and Gamble from a Twitter promotion and I wasn't feeling the value of the box.  I did pick up the first box and a later version, one at $5 and one at $7.  Both had at least five featured products, and the last one had a Nyx eye pencil and a L'Oreal lip product I fell in love with.  They proved to be a great value and I basically got the boxes for free when I redeemed the included coupons for my Blush Mystery Beauty Box subscription.

I was really excited that Target released its latest boxes for the holidays.  I would've loved to have scored the other two boxes as well (a naturals box I would've used as a gift and a men's box for Andy, both priced at $5), but I am thrilled with the product selection in this box.  The Target Beauty for her was a steal at $10 and included several well known brands and a few new to me products that I'm excited to use.  Next time I will have to be quicker to order because within a two hour window all of the "for him" and "naturals" boxes had been snapped up by other shoppers.

 
The box itself was printed with the Target Beauty logos of the Target bullseye made from nail polish, lipstick, blush and other cosmetics as well as gold snowflakes.

The following full size products were featured:

Hair Food Thickening Hair treatment by Clairol
L'Oreal Butterfly Voluminous Intenza Mascara in black
Revlon HD pigment lip gloss in Smokey Quartz
Covergirl Eyeshadow quad in Natural Nudes
Chapstick Total Hydration lip balm in Sweet  Peach

Also included were deluxe samples of:

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Ebony

And a foil packet of:

No 7 Advanced Skin Serum by Boots

There were also three coupons.  20% off a women's clothing purchase at Target, $3 off a $15 beauty purchase at Target and a $10 Dermstore/Blush.com gift code.

I will use all three of the coupons on winter clearance and get even better deals since they are good until the end of February, and I'm anxious to use all of the box contents with the exception of the mascara.  I just opened the L'Oreal Butterfly mascara that was included in a previous Target Beauty Box and I am very put off by its heavy rose fragrance.  I will trade or gift this one.  The Revlon lip gloss was comfortable, smooth and not at all sticky and I lucked out with a great shimmery nude color.  I wish the applicator was a doe foot style rather than a brush but it worked fine and I love the jeweled cap of the package.  The eye shadow palette is also perfect for me and I'm really glad I got the Hair Food product for fine hair.  The other option was a conditioning mask that I think may have been a little heavy for my hair type.

Here is a photo showing both Hair Food options, and some other color options on the cosmetics.


I love this box and I can't wait for the Spring edition.  I hope I can score one.  I will try and post as soon as I see it listed if you're interested in trying to nab one next time!

Hope you all have an awesome weekend.  I am SO EXCITED I get to sleep in tomorrow.  Woohoo!  No work, but that means all the more for Monday.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment