Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pork And Apple Skillet

I tried a new recipe tonight that turned out well.  I added several minutes to the cooking time because there was a lot of liquid left after sauteeing the pork and it needed to reduce a good bit once I added the onions and apples, but otherwise I followed the directions as written.  I chose a cornbread stuffing mix because I thought it would be a good fit.  I probably would've used cranberry Stove Top stuffing mix if I had it on hand to lend a bit of sweetness, but the cornbread variety turned out pretty good.


The recipe came from page 54 of the Kraft Stove Top Recipes Cookbook (2013)



The apples were just slightly crunchy and were very sweet and caramelized from the brown sugar. The pork was tender and had just enough salt from the vinaigrette and stuffing mix that it didn't need extra.  I would definitely recommend giving this recipe a go.

And now....

THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment