Saturday, January 31, 2015

There Is Nothing More Exhausting Than...

Cleaning.

Ugh!

But at least the house is kind of presentable.
In the middle of picking up things that I have left laying around for months Andy fixed a bookshelf that was broken and now I have a wonderful place to put all of my "to be read" novels so I see them and pick them up.  Hopefully I can't put them down because I have a TON of amazing books to get through.  I'll be reviewing one tomorrow, so stay tuned.

He also brought our rocking chair out into the living room so that I get more use from it.  It has been acting as a hamper in our bedroom for far too long.  It's one of the very first things Andy bought for me for our new house and I love reading in it.  He even brought a lamp out to set beside it so I have a new nook to curl up in with a novel and a cup of tea.

One other thing that I accomplished today while Andy helped me clean was making a new sandwich for lunch.  It was a twist on chicken salad that turned out pretty delicious.

I used a can of chicken, three tablespoons of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of hot dog relish (mustard and relish mixed together), and a quarter cup of a mixture of Craisins and unsalted almonds that were then finely chopped.  The nuts give a nice crunch and the cranberries have a great sweetness to them.

And now I'm beat.  I can't wait to see my sister tomorrow so we can exchange Christmas gifts.  We even left our Christmas lights up just for her!  (Or maybe because it is stupid cold and windy and they look nice where they are, no matter what the neighbors think).

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment