Sunday, January 4, 2015

More Holiday Clearance Beauty Buys!

I didn't pick up all of the Flower Beauty gift sets I had originally found on the 75% off holiday and after swatching the eye shadow palette I picked up on New Year's Eve I regretted my decision.  We always go grocery shopping on Sunday morning so I figured if they were still there, it was meant to be.  Luckily they had a few left and even had a set I hadn't seen yet that must've been hiding back in the beauty section.  I hope that these are available near you because the $4.96 price point for the palette and mascara sets and the $2.46 for the eye shadow sticks is pretty amazing.  The mascara is also on clearance in the regular Flower Beauty section for $3.50 (regular $6.98) along with concealers and cream blushes from the line if you are already a fab of these Wal-Mart exclusive cosmetics from Drew Barrymore.

 I initially passed on these because I seldom use lip colors in palettes, but the eye shadows alone make it a great deal.  The mascaras are both the shade "Intense Black" and I'll be trying one out tomorrow.
 All of the colors are soft and lovely.  The lip color is scented and has a mild vanilla fragrance.  I may end up giving them a go too, although I find lip products that are packaged this way a bit messy.
The purple box features the same 4 shadows that are in quad Twilight Moon.
The rose gold box features the same 4 shades in the palette Secret Garden.
 These eye pencils have a great creamy finish and the beige pencil has a subtle shimmer.  The dark pencil is a lovely smokey purple shade, and all three are blendable but I'm not sure how fast they would crease.  I can't wait to try them.  They are about 3/4 the size of the regular eye crayons.

These are swatches from the first palette I found that came with an eye shadow brush and a different mascara.  The 4 shades on the right are the same as the Smoke and Mirrors palette, but I can't find the name of the shades for the palette on the left.  The whole Smoke and Mirrors palette are beautiful matte shades that are great for every day.  I love the sparkle in they shade second from the left in the bottom row and the green at the top left.  They are swatched from left to right, top row, then bottom row.

I'm so glad they still had these available.  It will satisfy my beauty addiction for a few months I hope!  I'm going to try and make it until after Valentine's Day without buying any products that don't arrive via Ipsy or Blush beauty mystery box.  Hopefully even longer, but little goals are the way to go!  Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I have been under the weather and had hoped to do a book review today but I want to not be so spacey because I really enjoyed this book.  I've already read two this year!  I am determined to read at least 50 books and hopefully more - like I said little goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment