Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Unexpected Day Off

We are really slow at work this week, waiting for parts to arrive.  I wasn't too excited when they asked if I would mind taking a day off because really I would always rather be making money, but there wasn't much of a choice, so today was a stay at home, sleep in kind of day.  From what I hear we will be incredibly busy and have overtime in December, so I should be happy to have an unexpected weekday free.

I didn't do too many exiting things, mostly dishes, laundry, picking up the house, and working on clearing out junk I don't really need.  I did manage to read a few chapters in the new Shopaholic book.  I am trying to space it out because I could easily blow through it in a couple of hours, but I have such a love for this series, no matter how silly it gets.  Becky Brandon nee Bloomwood is a girl after my own heart.

I also took a walk, picked up pizza for dinner, and made the neighbor children their Halloween treats.  I guess it was a more productive day than I thought!  I even managed to bake some more cookies while my friend Sherwyn was over this evening having dinner with us.  I made Snickerdoodles this time, and they were bacon free (ha ha).  The recipe was from Trisha Yearwood via the Food Network blog.  It is part of the Twelve Days of Cookies.  If I say so myself they are pretty delicious!

Don't they look yummy?

Awesome $2 bit of happiness from Rite Aid!

I love these books!  I love Taylor Swift and pumpkin spice coffee too.
I hope you all are having an awesome day, and that your tomorrow is wonderful too.

Much love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment