Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Tale of my Heart

I'm glad that our hearts don't reach a capacity for love.

I've been hurt many times.  I've had my heart broken, and trampled upon.  I've willingly parceled it out and given it to people who didn't accept my gift and let it drift away from them.  Pieces of my heart have been played like trump cards by fair weather friends who knew their worth yet squandered their value.

Still, I would rather love than waste my time worrying about giving my heart to those who may be undeserving.  My capacity for caring and loving the people who come into my life isn't going to get any smaller.  I might be naive and misguided and direct it towards people who are unappreciative, but luckily my heart, and everyone's who I've ever come across have a miraculous ability to keep on giving.

They keep loving.  Caring.  Healing.  Growing.

No one will ever accuse me of not caring.  If anything I care too much and feel too much about everything (I can't make it through an episode of any reality show without bawling my eyes out).  That's ok too.  I would much rather be an individual who cares too much than one who is unaffected and unmoved by the world around me.

Today I am grateful for the people I love, and there are many of you.  I am blessed to have so many people to share my heart.

Please take care of it, but don't try giving it back.  It doesn't work that way with me.

You are welcome to give me a piece of your own - if you do I'll treasure it, and fit it in my own - there's plenty of room.

Much love to all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment