Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope all of you are having a lovely holiday.  I'm thankful for so many things this year - here are five of the ones that are always at the top of my mind.

1.  I'm thankful for my husband Andy.  I don't know what I did to deserve such a caring and considerate man to call my sweetheart.  He is supportive of my endeavors, unconditionally loving and handsome too  I'm a lucky lucky lady.

2.  I'm thankful for my job.  Having a job that is enjoyable and challenging and that intrests me is wonderful.  No longer working retail on this holiday and tomorrow's madness is wonderful too.  I am in awe that I had the ability to seek out something new and healthier for me last year when change is very difficult for me and I could have more easily stayed in a comfortable retail job that made me depressed.  I'm forever thankful to Bob and Sandy for giving me the spark that drove me to apply for my position.

3.  I'm thankful I have a new beautiful niece.  This is Niah Jane's first year in our world.  She is making it a better place with her irresistible smile and wonderful tiny self.  I'm thankful for all of my family, and the furry four legged kids that live with us too, but my great niece is the shiniest and newest of the bunch so she gets a bump up on the list.

4.  I'm thankful for our home.  I'm amazed that we own a home of our own.  It's currently a bit of a mess, but it's our mess and I'm thankful that after some cleaning tomorrow the decorating will commence.  I'm thrilled to have something we can make beautiful.  Thank you Andy for helping me have this incredible gift and for working so hard to make it something to be proud of.

5.  I'm thankful for my education and for all of my teachers who taught me so much.  Most of all I'm thankful for the gift of literacy.  I gain so much enjoyment from books and stories.  Today I finished Stephen King's latest novel and I am terribly thankful for the ability to be lost in the imagination of another person through their words on a page.  The ability to write is also a great gift, and I'm thankful I can share here each day and process all the wonderful little things life has to offer.  Without my teachers, that wouldn't have begun or continued.  I'm blessed by everyone who shares their knowledge with me and I'm eager to continue learning for the rest of my days.

I hope today is an exploration of gratitude for you and your families.  These are just a few of the many wonderful gifts I've been blessed with.  I hope your blessings are abundant and that as you celebrate this day and every day you look upon the tiny delights and major rewards with a thankfulness and joyousness in your heart.

Much love to you and yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment