Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sisters.... Sisters....

      I saw my sister Marcia today for the first time in a year.  She only lives about 25 miles from me, but her job keeps her so busy that she never makes it out my way so I seldom see her.  It was nice to catch up, and she brought me a great Sinatra themed Barbie doll for my birthday.

      I felt like I got a lot accomplished this weekend - the plants Andy's mom brought are in the ground, the hedges in the front are trimmed and ready to winter over, the flower beds were attended to and weeds were pulled and I got all of the potted plants arranged in the front as well as my new flag out.  It felt very domestic and nice until Marc started in on the fact that she felt like I should be on Hoarders because I have way to much stuff.  Andy then teamed up with her to talk about how ridiculous I was with all the boxes of stuff that I have.  I love winning stuff but I have an awful habit of wanting to keep it around rather than use it because it is a "major award".  I guess I'm the dad in A Christmas Story who wants the whole neighborhood to see the spoils of a contest winner.  Over the next few weeks I am going to be cataloging and photographing most of the stuff I have won so I can show pictures and do posts on the sheer amounts of cool free things that have shown up.  Then I am going to sort through it and donate or sell or possibly swap some of it so it goes places other than here.

      I may be a tiny bit carried away, but it seems like a much healthier addiction than some of the other available ones.  Maybe I'm just a shopafreebaholic.  That doesn't sad so terrible.

      In exactly one hour I will be a whole year older.  Weird.  I don't feel any older.  I never do.  I feel younger if anything!

      Much love to all of you - I'll be watching my dear friend's little boy tomorrow so I don't know if I will be on, but I will try to leave a note to let all of you know how it feels to be 37.  (I am expecting it feels exactly like 36 with an extra twist of sarcasm.)  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment