Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Beauty Test Tube!!!

What am I excited about?  My QVC edition of the New Beauty Test Tube arrived this week and I immediately found some new "love it, need it, want it" products.  This was a stellar tube.  NBTT is a subscription service through QVC where you pay $29.95 plus shipping (around seven bucks) and you get a tube filled with beauty products (many full sized!) and get to try out some things that you may not otherwise pick up.  There is also a separate version that is through New Beauty magazine and I fell so desperately in love with the QVC tube this month that I ordered the alternate version too so I'll be sure to post when I find my second tube in my mailbox!

Here's what's inside:




  There's a copy of New Beauty Magazine which has their product awards in it this month.  The mag is really expensive - I think on the news stand it is $14 and I love reading it and seeing all the ads even though I can only afford about 10% of the things in it.

A tube of Bliss high intensity hand cream.  This company has been featured before in the QVC NBTT - I also have received face wash and body butter in past tubes.

A Julep nail color - Melanie - a very pretty metallic denim blue and thankfully not a dupe or color I have ever seen before since I subscribe to the Julep boxes and have a ton of their polishes.  This is a $14 nail polish and a welcome addition to my collection because their blues are my favorite!

Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm.  Very expensive - I'm excited to try it, but probably couldn't afford to replenish the supply.

Ole Henrickson Truth Creme Advanced Hydration.  I have only heard good things about this luxury brand.  Similar to the Algenist it probably won't make my must have list due to pricing.

Nick Chavez Volumizing Conditioner.  Pricey, but the scent is knock me out amazing.  I want the fragrance as a perfume.  Seriously loving it and hoping to trade some other things for a matching shampoo sample on the beauty forums.

Mally High Shine Liquid Lip Color in Sunburst.  A shimmery gold pink that is really flattering.  I thought I had received the same color in a past tube but it didn't have the gold before.  I don't love click up color that comes through a brush but the texture is good and the color is really pretty.  Their eye shadow sticks are amazing.  I would consider buying a color set from this brand when they run their specials on QVC.

Philosophy Miracle Worker cleanser.  This small 2 oz. bottle is nearly $10 on Sephora.com and I have only heard good things about it.  I was given some awesome Amazing Grace Philosophy color cosmetics for Christmas from my friend Lauren so I am currently on a Philosophy brand kick.  I have tried and enjoy the Amazing Grace and Love scents of body wash so this should be great.  I also am interested in trying the Purity face wash and may pick some up with my Ulta gift card.

The last and BEST product was the smolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye liner from Tarte.  I can't tell you how much I love it.  It is super easy to control the thickness of the line with a fat pencil and a smudge sponge tip and the color I got is an amazing deep ocean blue that I would have previously shied away from but have come to love.  I just picked up a Tarte eye and cheek palette at Sephora and the colors are beautiful if a bit glittery.  I am so in love with their cosmetics that the full size Amazonian clay blush that is in the alternate NBTT was a major selling point - the full size Dr. Brandt+ cleanser also didn't hurt.  I can't wait for it to ship!!!

So - that's a wrap.  I am loving this quarter's tube.  At the moment it and the Ipsy Glam bag are KILLING Birchbox.  If I don't have a full size product this month in my Birchbox (hopefully an EyeKo skinny eyeliner) I am going to use my points and then cancel.  It hasn't wowed me for a long while, but I hope it does again.



I hope you all are having an amazing New Year and that you're keeping up with your resolutions.  Me?  It is going slowly and not as well as I hoped but I blogged!  Yay!  Go me!  Much love to all y'all and since Alabama won the National Championship game this week ROLL TIDE!




No comments:

Post a Comment