Sunday, July 6, 2014

Gratitude for a new direction

Howdy folks!

I have thought long and hard about the things I love and things I'm thankful for.  As you may or may not know, I wanted to start blogging as a way to show my gratitude for all of the simple everyday pleasures I experience, and I have many things to be thankful for.  Sometimes I'm excited about a new beauty find or a tv show that I can't get enough of.  Recently I've been really excited by the opportunity to review some books and I can't wait to start.  I love reading, and in the coming weeks I'll be showing you some of the cool finds I've discovered in that area and throwing in some quick reviews of the subscription boxes that I have kept after cutting back on the extreme amount I had been lured into trying.

Most days I am extremely thankful to have a husband who reminds me that the things I see as overwhelming and impossible to overcome are really just minor setbacks.  I tend to freak out and feel like the world is coming to an end when things aren't looking up.  A perfect example: I accidentally overdrew my checking account because I didn't realize the credit card company set up my automatic payment to come out on a different day than my payment due date.  Because of that I had been double paying the minimum plus on my card for four months which was great for my card balance but crap for my checkbook  balancing and I thought I had way more money than I did as a result.  The way I dealt with it was a huge crying jag and cursing myself for my stupidity while I worried myself sick.  Andy was able to help me realize it was just a mistake, and although it is sucky and will require me to say no to some temptations to spend, it also helped me realize that I can easily do that.

There are so many ways to have fun without spending a ton of money.  I had a friend who I haven't seen in nearly twenty years visit for the fourth of July and we had an amazing day just hanging out in the backyard and taking his kids to a local playground.  I also just got an email telling me I won a contest and will be receiving a surprise package of beauty treats from Covergirl from sharing a picture on Instagram.  There are great things happening all around me and I don't need to waste any time worrying over the setbacks or concerning myself with what other people think.  I hope that soon I'll be posting several times a week and showing you the things that are making me happy and hopefully they can make you happy too.  I'd love for you to share your ideas on saving money or suggesting a great read that I can borrow from the library.  I will also be shopping my beauty stash and going back to use some products I've received from subscriptions that will help me use up the bounty of products I already have instead of buying more.

In the meantime I wish you all much love and a joy filled week.  See you soon!

This is Andy and I at an Orioles game. We had free tickets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment