Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sorry to have been out of the loop

Hey guys!

Sorry that I have been out of the loop for so long.  I love writing on my blog and it seems that when I get stressed out or I just have a lot on my mind that the things I like doing the best are the first ones to go by the wayside.  I wish that I could change that about myself, but so far I've only managed baby steps in the process.  That being said, I'm here and I have lots to chat about!

This is going to be a short entry because hopefully this week I am going to make up for the weeks I've been away by posting some fun beauty content.  I have my Influenster box to review - hopefully I will be chatting that up tomorrow or Tuesday.  I also hope that my Wantable boxes arrive by then so I can post some new videos.  In the meantime you can check out the ones I have posted on my YouTube channel.

Wantable is a subscription service that I pay for.  You fill out surveys that customize a box specifically for you and it is $36 per box each month.  Last month was my first time receiving the boxes, a jewelry box and a makeup box.  All the makeup items are full size and you get 4-6 in each box as well as the possibility of extra surprises (last month there was a bonus of an extra blush).  I also tried their jewelry box which has 4-6 pieces of new jewelry based on a style profile you fill out.  I was initially unhappy with the jewelry box but after emailing their customer service I was blown away by the attention they paid me and how they bent over backwards to not only keep me as a customer but to make my experience amazing.  Here are links to the three videos I posted on my YouTube channel - if you would like to check them out and subscribe to me there and also post a link to your own YouTube channels I would love to check them out!

Wantable March Makeup Box

Wantable March Jewelry Box

Wantable Fix-It Box from Customer Service!

I am also going to be posting a video for my newest GlossyBox in the next few days and I'm working on a post for my latest BzzAgent products too - the Playtex bra campaign (epic fail!) and the Lysol foaming hand soap (love it!) which I received for free to test out like I do with the Influenster boxes.

On a more personal note - A quick update on my folks - my Mom is deteriorating quickly from her Alzheimer's and unfortunately even though we just got her admitted to the same care facility that my father (who is also afflicted with Alzheimer's) she has been experiencing some very bad episodes that leave her confused and violent.  She has also tried to "break out" of the facility many times and because of this has to be placed in a special lock down unit where she won't interfere with my father's care.  It has been very difficult for me because I don't live close enough to home anymore to be there when my parents need me.  I don't know if any of you have ever experienced a similar situation but it is frustrating and scary and also very sad.  I would love to chat with any of you that have ever been in a similar situation with your parents or any family members.  I am the "baby" in our family and although I have four older siblings my brother (who is the nearest in age to me) is still eleven years older than I am.  I think that this is really effecting us all differently, but I am finding it very challenging to suddenly be without my parents in a way I have never been before.  They were always only a phone call away, and now I haven't been able to talk to them in months in a meaningful way.  It is depressing, and probably why I have been away from this for so long, so I apologize for that.

Even with all the things going on with my family I am very thankful to have my husband to lean on.  He has really helped me to sort out the things that are challenging me lately and helped me to realize the things I can change and the things I can't.  We did a fun thing this weekend and went through and weeded and put down new mulch in the flowerbeds at our home.  We are also working hard (he is doing the most part of the hard work!) on finishing our basement to make it into a rec room.

Here is a picture of part of the front and what we accomplished this weekend:



I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend and I look forward to sharing more with you soon.  Thanks for reading!  Much love to all of you









No comments:

Post a Comment